Have you asked yourself lately, can I balance my hormones naturally? What was your answer? Hold that thought and read about DIM EN EFFECTIVE NUTRA supplement (300mg DIM and 5mg BioPerine – a black pepper fruit extract); it contains natural supplements that have shown to help with balancing one’s hormones.
When your hormones fluctuate, the effects of this can be noticed internally and externally. Some signals that you get are HORMONAL ACNE, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) etc.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Full disclosure…)
- Product Name: DIM EN EFFECTIVE NUTRA 300mg + BioPerine (60 capsules)
- Controls hormonal acne – associated with PCOS, premenstruation, cessation of oral contraceptives pills (OCP) and perimenopause.
- Balances your hormones.
- Promotes safe and favorable conversion of estrogen.
- Converts excess testosterone to estrogen – creating a balance state.
- Active Ingredients: Diindolylmenthane (DIM) and BioPerine (Black Pepper Fruit Extract).
- Other Highlights: It is free of the following: gluten, soy, dairy, titanium dioxide and silicon dioxide. It is also vegan friendly. In addition, it is certified halal, 3rd party tested, animal test free.
- Price: $18.95
Ingredients in DIM EN EFFECTIVE NUTRA (DIM 300mg + BioPerine)?
Two main natural ingredients in DIM EN EFFECTIVE NUTRA supplement are;
- 300mg of Diindolylmethane (DIM) and
- 5mg of BioPerine (Black Pepper Fruit Extracts).
In case you are wondering what these natural ingredients are, you will wonder no more if you continue reading this article.
We will look into what they are as well as how they help regulate your hormones and control hormonal related symptoms that include acne, irregular menstruation and excessive or light periods etc.
How does DIM balance hormones in women?
DIM supplement is a plant nutrient obtained from cruciferous vegetables that include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale and mustard etc.
Think of DIM as a helper. Imagine you trying to make a little child walk. The child does the walking while you ensure that you encourage and promote safety etc so the child can be successful.
This is what DIM does somewhat. It helps a certain enzyme called aromatase to convert androgen to estrogen, and from estrogen to a more favorable balance of estrogen. So In the end, you have a better and more functional form of estrogen that is in a balanced state with androgen.
Benefits of DIM Supplements in women
I’m in Perimenopause, can I balance my hormones with DIM supplement?
When you are in your perimenopausal stage (before you attain menopause), usually between 40 and 45, and in some rare cases, in your 30s, your hormones start to fluctuate like a rollercoaster. Basically, your estrogen level drops that you are no longer able to release eggs. This imbalance state with your androgen levels, can result in symptoms such as HORMONAL ACNE, menstrual irregularity, heavy or light periods and hot flushes etc.
DIM supplements can help convert your androgens to estrogen and maintenance a balance of more favorable estrogen, so you begin to experience reduced symptoms associated with perimenopause such as acne, irregular menstruation and excessive period.
I have PCOS, can I balance my hormones with DIM supplement?
When you have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), your levels of androgen will increase (hyperandrogensim). As a result, you are likely going to experience acne, menstrual irregularity, heavy or light periods and hirtruism etc.
DIM supplements can help to decrease your level of testosterone by aiding its conversion to estrogen. The hormonal balance it helps create can result in controlling your HORMONAL ACNE, menstrual irregularity and hirtruism etc. DIM supplement and acupuncture have been shown to be effective as maintenance therapy in controlling PCOS symptoms
I’m in Premenstrual phase in my menstrual cycle. How can DIM help me to control my hormonal acne?
There are four stages of during your menstrual cycle that include menstrual phase, follicular phase, ovulation phase and luteal phase.
During your luteal phase (before your menstrual phase – premenstruation), your Progesterone levels are usually at the highest. Increased serum progesterone has been associated with breakouts.
DIM supplements can help regulate hormonal imbalance associated with increased progesterone levels, thereby helping to reduce or control your HORMONAL ACNE and other associated symptoms.
What are the benefits of BioPerine in DIM EN EFFECTIVE NUTRA for hormonal acne?
You can develop acne when your hair follicles are blocked by dead cells, sebum and inflammation due to Propionibacterium acne (P. acne), increased androgen levels etc.
BioPerine (black pepper fruit extract) has potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity that can help reduce or control inflammation and inhibit P.acne activities associated with acne formation, thereby helping to control breakouts.
Another benefit of BioPerine is that you will enjoy a smooth and glowing skin.
How long does it take for my acne clear up?
It usually takes about 4 to 8 weeks for your acne to reduce significantly given the right topical and oral products, and skincare habits. So you need to be consistent when using any product for your acne.
When it comes to scars, you need more patience as it can take up to 6 months to clear if sticking routinely to the right skincare products.
What Can I do to clear acne
- Ideally, you want to select the right hormone balancing products to aid in clearing acne if your acne is hormonal.
- Another important step is to form a good habit around hygiene – you want to get use to is to cleansing your face twice a day (not excessively or aggressively) using the right face cleansers.
- You also want to use a suitable serum that has a concentration of active ingredients that can help you reduce excessive oil production, unclog your pores and minimize the appearance of pores, as well as reducing inflammation, hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Selecting a suitable moisturizer that can help you get rid of acne is also what you should be targeting, as this can provide additional benefits as your serum above, as well as maintaining your skin barrier function, preventing water loss from the skin, hydrating and moisturizing your skin.
- Sunscreen! sunscreen!! sunscreen!!! Never forget this, preventing UV rays from aggravating your acne and causing damage to your skin is very, very important.
- This is often neglected but it is very critical to your goal to clear up acne – it is dietary and lifestyle changes. You will want to consider making such changes for optimal and faster result.
Note that exfoliants and toners are additional steps you may also consider to optimize your skincare outcome.
If you select the right skincare products and adopt healthy skincare habits, including dietary and lifesyle included), you will not only make acne a thing of the past, but also enjoy bright, radiant, supple and plump skin.
Many people are unsure of what to do or wary about buying products that will either not work or exacerbate their acne. This is totally understandable. Have you asked what will happen then if you do nothing?
Your acne may not go away on its own and in many cases, if left untreated, it may lead to permanent scarring, and you do not want that either.
So you owe yourself two tasks – either you visit your doctor/dermatologist for treatment option or if you so desire, you empower yourself with knowledge by reading and searching for suitable skincare products.
Selecting suitable skincare products may not come at the first instance for everyone. Some people may have to try a few, and that’s normal. When you eventually find what works for you, you can then give yourself a pat on the back.
Bottom line – no matter what route you want to take, NEVER settle for no action route!
Alois, M., & Estores, I. M. (2019). Hormonal Regulation In Pcos Using Acupuncture And Herbal Supplements: A Case Report And Review Of The Literature. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal, 18(5), 36.
Brady, D. M., CCN, D., & Copp, S. FemGuard+ Balance™.
Laili, Z. A. (2020). FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF PLANT EXTRACT GELS AS ANTI-ACNE. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 9(12), 211-227.
Minich, D. M., & Bland, J. S. (2007). A review of the clinical efficacy and safety of cruciferous vegetable phytochemicals. Nutrition reviews, 65(6), 259-267.
Murphy, K. (2017). 37 Hormonal acne. Clinical Naturopathy: In Practice, 174.