Since a particular natural oil can’t “do all”, what you owe yourself is to read up on what you need to know about the oil and match up with your skin goals. If it’s not for you, you should be able to figure out from the information provided. And if it’s for you, CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made a best friend for life!
Your next step will be to try it out and see how you react. Generally, natural oils are well tolerated, absorbed and metabolized by the body as they are similar to your skin lipids unlike processed oil.
In this article, I have provided you with an unbiased review of Eclat Midy Nourishing Face Oil. At the end of this review, you’ll also find other high-end quality oils that are worth reading up on.
(Some of the links within this post are affiliate links of which I receive a small compensation from sales of certain items. Full disclosure…)
Eclat Midy Nourising Face Oil Review
Product Summary and Uses
- Product’s Name: Eclat Midy Nourising Face Oil
- Company’s Name: Olivier Midy
- Product Origin: USA
- Specific Uses: Hydrating, acne, blemishes, dark spot and wrinkles.
- Product Highlights: Clean, safe, 100% plant-based, vegan, genderless (for both male and female), cruelty and fragrance free.
- Where to Buy: Olivier Midy.
- Product Size: 50 ml (1.7 oz).
- Cost: $146
What is Covered in this Review
- What I’m keen to show you (as presented in this review) are the specific benefits that Eclat Midy Oil can provide based on the ingredients.
- How to use it is an area I have covered as well.
- I have highlighted the key ingredients and the benefits you can enjoy if you find that this product is what you need.
- And of course, I have made a quick mention of the pros and cons as this may provide better understanding of what this product is about.
- Finally, I have provided you with my verdict on whether this product is worth it, taking into account various key elements I have presented.
How to Apply It
All you need is 3 – 5 drops.
Dispense on the palm of your hands and gently massage into your face, neck and chest. Remember to apply on your jawline and all the way to your ear, from the center of your face outwards and from the center of your forehead outwards.
Wait a few minutes before applying any other skincare product.
Full Ingredients and Key Ingredients
Eclat Midy Face Nourishing Oil is composed of 95% organic oil while the rest are natural since they are not available in organic form.
Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Oil, Haematococcus Pluvialis (Marine Algae) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Leaf Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Opuntia Ficus Indica (Prickly Pear) Seed Oil, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil, Rosa Moschata (Wild Rose) Seed Oil, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera (Tea) Seed Oil, Boswellia Carterii (Frankincense) Oil, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil.
Nine Key Ingredients
Evening Primrose, Prickly Pear Extract, Carrot Seed Extract, Sandalwood Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Tumeric Oil and Seatbuckthorn Oil.
This product is packed with powerful organic and natural ingredients that are free vegan friendly and non-animal tested.
However, we shall consider some key ingredients that make this product stand out.
It’s rich in omega-6 fatty acid (a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent) and has been utilized cosmeceutically to provide many skin benefits. Evening Primrose helps to;
- Fight of inflammatory conditions such as acne and eczema
- Increases resistance to fatigue, firmness and elasticity, making it a good anti-aging oil.
- It also provides moisture to the skin
Prickly Pear Extract
Prickly Pear Extract is high in linoleic acid, vitamin E and has a variety of Polyphenolic compounds that help to reduce inflammation and oxidation. The contents of Prickly Pear Extract help to;
- Enhance cell turnover
- Fight of premature wrinkles
- Support the structure of your cell
Carrot Seed Extract
Are good antioxidants, anti-infiammatoy and antibacterial agents. They are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium. Benefits it confers on your skin are;
- It prevents premature aging by increasing collagen
- It protects the skin from sun and helps to heal sunburn
- Hydrates the skin – thanks to potassium
- Fights acne, rashes, dermatitis due to its antioxidant effect.
It has good exfoliating property that helps to brighten your skin, thereby enhancing your skin complexion and clarity.
Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil
It’s a tea oil that has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. This tea oil can penetrate your skin fast and can help to
- Hydrate the skin
- Prevent further loss of water from the skin
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
It’s very high in monounsaturated fatty acid with deeper penetration in the skin. It also contains vitamin A and C with potent antioxidant property.
Has benefits such as;
- Helps to trap moisture in the skin
- Antioxidant effect
Has vitamin C, K and B6. It also contains bioactive substance called curcumin.
The help to;
- Prevent sun damage
- Increase collagen
- Brighten the skin
- Treat acne
Its effects are due to fatty acids and vitamins it’s been fortified with. It helps to;
- Slow down aging
- Rregenerate and repair the skin
Pros and Cons
The are many things that are appeared right about this product as follows;
- It’s a product of 300 years of science and innovation.
- It’s clean, safe for sensitive skin and vegan friendly.
- It can be used by both male and female.
- It effectively hydrates the skin.
- Helps with acne.
- Prevents premature aging.
- It has a natural scent inherent in the plants used.
- It’s stable: no preservatives but can remain effective up to 12 months if kept in a cool, dry place and away from sunlight.
- I personally think that there are way too many ingredients that do similar stuff and may increase one’s risk to being sensitive, though natural oils are better tolerated.
- The cost of the product is more on the high side.
Conclusion: How I feel about Eclat Midy Nourishing Face Oil
Olivier Midy is from a lineage of scientists. His family established one of the oldest existing pharmaceutical companies on earth (Laboratories Midy). It’s no surprise that this background has helped in combining these powerful oils into this “wholesome goodness” – a product of science, nature and innovation.
After a careful analysis of this product and all the benefits that come with it (such as brightening of the skin, improving clarity and firmness, reducing acne and wrinkles), I believe it’s worth trying and including in one’s arsenal of skincare products.
However, as I mentioned earlier in this article, if you are trying a new product, look at the products benefits and ingredients as highlighted in this article and see if it’s for you. If it’s not for you, that’s okay. There are many other awesome natural oils out there; if you keep searching, you’ll certainly find the right one for you and your condition.
Finally, Eclat Midy Nourishing Face Oil is product of science, nature and innovation. However, it’s important to recognize that there are factors that are beyond external control that may make user’s experiences vary. These factors may not be dependent on the effectiveness of the product but skin type and genetics etc.
I’m hoping this review helps shed significant light on this product and bring you closer to finding what’s right for you!
1) Rose-Hip Oil
If you have read this article and you want to share your thoughts about it, please do so in the comment box below. You can drop a line or two, or even more if you wish, regarding any experience you may have had with this product. You may also want to ask questions, please feel free to do so and I’ll ensure I get back to you ASAP.